Dr. Andrew Grimm, District Administrator
Winter School District
The preliminary budget proposed for the Winter School District has been developed and determined for the 2023-2024 school year using the current law revenue limit formula. The budget serves as a management tool to guide and direct the financial operations of the school district. It represents the district’s plan for implementing policies, goals, services, programs, and the District’s Mission. The annual meeting for the Winter School District will be held in the School Library on Monday, October 23, 2023 at 7PM. This meeting gives electors the opportunity to participate and approve the budgeting for the operations of the local school district.
This budget document summarizes an estimate of the expenditures necessary to continue high quality educational programs and services and an estimate of the revenue available to pay for those expenditures. The 2023-2024 Budget will be carefully managed throughout the school year to ensure that the appropriated funds are spent according to the district’s mission, vision, strategic plan and budget plan.
The following is an overview of how the budget has come together for the 2023-2024 school year:
· The 2023 general all fund revenue limit for Winter School District is 3,049,713.
· This includes paying our new bond debt (fund 39) at a payment of 673,094.
· The community service fund (fund 80) is levied at 177,387 to pay for our after-school program.
· The certified amount of state aid is down 15 percent from 42,531 (2022/23) to 36,151 (2022/23).
· The equalized value of Winter School District is up to 662,096,387 from 575,453,339 in 2022/23.
· The calculated mill rate for 2023/24 is down to 5.89 from 6.74 in 2022/23. This put taxes at 589 per 100,000 of valuation per home.
· This year we are working to keep taxes the same as last year. With an 14% increase in property value, we have kept the levy dollar amount as close as possible to last year’s levy amount 3,900,194 last year was 3,879,960.
Again, this budget is an estimate and serves as a management tool to guide and direct finical operations; there will be changes to revenues and expenditures as the school year progresses. The budget books are available at local post offices and the Winter CO-OP.
The students and staff at Winter School District appreciate the continued support from the electors of the Winter School District.
DISTRICT BUDGET INFORMATION